Disclaimer

All characters referenced within this blog are 18+ unless explicitly stated otherwise. All content contained within this blog is wholly fict...

Thursday 18 August 2022

Star Wars: Siblings' End

The two of us, my brother Daveth and I, stand near the edge atop the squat tower of the Republic field base, staring bleakly at the sea of battle droids surrounding the facility. We're alone here, our master, and all the clones, having died trying to prevent this army from landing.
"Jedi." Cold runs through me as the amplified voice, full of harshness and cold, cuts the silence. "I am coming. Prepare."
Vids recovered from Hypori, of the Separatists' General Grievous effortlessly engaging multiple Jedi, have been circulating through the ranks and I turn away from the terrifying view.
"Daveth, we can't beat him. What do we do?"
"Course we can sis." He sends me reassurance through the sibling bond we share in the Force, tries to calm my nerves. "Trust me and the Force."

We wait, pressed back-to-back and carefully turning so Grievous can't surprise us. Daveth is the one to spot the discolouration of the floor, the tip of a sea-blue lightsaber blade, and we split apart, moving to be on either side of the growing hole. There's a pause as the sliced-away metal falls with a clang and then a blur of upwards motion. Grievous is suddenly between us, the cyborg monster looking so spindly considering his reputation, but then he turns towards me. Dead eyes glare from behind his face-plate and I take a step back in horror, sensing his contempt in the Force. Daveth uses the fact that Grievous focuses on me to dart in though, activating his lightsaber with a snap-hiss as he lunges.

Grievous whirls, cape billowing, and blocks the strike, emerald-green against sea-blue. I too move in, orange blade humming, and nimbly jump over the hole in the floor. My blow is intercepted by another lightsaber, this one unmistakably our master's, and I glance past Grievous at my brother. After a strong heave both of us are thrown back, scrambling for balance, and Grievous quickly turns back to me, expertly wielding both of his stolen lightsabers. I give ground, sinking into instinct, but I'm still only just deflecting his attacks. Daveth charges in, his plan loud in our sibling bond, but Grievous lashes out, catching him with a clawed foot. There's a brief pain across my chest and then a powerful strike with both lightsabers sends me to my knees.

Grievous vaults to where my brother landed, a guttural moan issuing from his vocoder grill, and as I'm wearily climbing to my feet the he pins Daveth down. Master's lightsaber is raised high, and I rush forward as it's swiftly lowered. I falter as pain rips through our bond, followed by a deafening silence, and look at my brother's severed head. Grievous reaches down to collect Daveth's lightsaber, tucking it into a pocket sewn onto the inside of his cape, and then turns to me.
"Surrender and it will be quick Jedi."

I glare at him, drawing on the Force with hate, and cry out. I restart my advance, speed enhanced by the dark side of the Force, and summon my brother's lightsaber to me, flicking it on as it slaps into my hand. Orange and green clash against blue but untiring metal is superior to flesh, even if said flesh has the Force on its side. With a series of clicks Grievous unveils his lower two arms, grabbing additional lightsabers, and I feel fear replace my anger. I panic as Grievous launches a furious assault, his blades a rainbow blur, and then my perspective changes…

Grievous is to my left, standing taller than before, and a headless female is sagging towards the ground. I let out a soundless sigh when I recognize the curves of my body, our lightsabers in my hands. I turn my eyes towards my brother's as my vision grows dim, wondering if I'll encounter his spirit on the other side…

No comments:

Post a Comment