Disclaimer

All characters referenced within this blog are 18+ unless explicitly stated otherwise. All content contained within this blog is wholly fict...

Friday 22 March 2024

Castle Defence

I stand on the castle battlements, listening to orcish warcries, the shrill cackling of goblins. My palms are sweaty as they grip the spear that had been given to me, my heart races in fear. The door to my left shakes violently, orcs seized the section of battlement on the other side a few hours ago. I think it's the smell of cooking meat that is getting to me the most though, understandably there's been no food delivery since the siege began. We ended up eventually eating the knights' horses, the sluts complained right until the armoured bitches were slaughtered, but since then nothing. My mouth is watering even though I know it's human flesh being roasted, my stomach growls and demands to be filled.

A girl a few paces down the line foolishly leans over the wall, there's a squawk of surprise and then she's gone, limbs flailing as she's grabbed. I shift my grip as the misshapen head of an orc rises above the top of the wall, plunge my spear in between its eyes. The dumb brute sags and is then hurled to one side, it takes my spear with it and I moan softly in despair. Another orc clambers over the wall, ignores the half-dozen spears jabbed into it for a pace or two before collapsing. It's the third that's dangerous, one swipe of its blade cuts three of us down. It suddenly lunges for me, the breath leaves me when we collide, and I'm thrown back by the impact.

There's nothing behind me and I fall from the battlements. I land heavily in the courtyard, utterly stunned and with my body broken. It's almost a relief when an orc rushing past cuts off my head…

No comments:

Post a Comment